Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Today I've been .....



 Reflecting on this year I seem to be doing this a lot, earlier on this year  I did a brief (and painful) internship at interview magazine in new york , for some reason i really wanted to live in there its kinda a home away from home, i still love the place its just that my feelings have altered on the fashion side. On one of those hideous days  at work we did a huge shoot on up and coming New York artists the portraits were shot by Craig mcdean who I saw very very briefly at the lift that was the closest i got (sigh) anyway enough about that. My point was each of the artists photographed where each asked to give a short interview which took place in the fashion cupboard (ps its not a cupboard its a whole floor!!!!) Katherine bernhardt was super nice I loved her honesty plus she wasn't bitten by the "I'm so cool and different I'm an artist  whorship me & guess what i live in williamsburg " bug that seems to infest that city anyone who knows new York knows exactly what I mean. 

One of the many things I learnt about this industry is that fashion is well..... fashion where ever you go its like school its full of peeps who never go tiered of being mean to one another. somedays i love being in school playtime is fun but other days i just don't wanna play with anyone.

Ps kb's  paintings are above awesome awesome





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers