Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Office Fashion: Suits II

So you know how the last suit post was devoted to one button suit jackets? Well, the lack of variety was because I've felt a sort of negative feeling towards multiple button suits, on women anyway.
They just give me the image of being too old and formal, as in above from Brothers and Sisters with the suit the member of the senator's team (sorry I forgot her name) and Sally Field is wearing. They don't look bad on them, but just not what I'd want to look like yet. Maybe its the shoulder pads...
And lets face it, multiple button suits are just not presented very well either. Especially not the suit from Jones NY Collection (right) here. The Theory Rory suit (left) is better, but it still does not look very flattering on the model.
So I was ready to put the axe on multiple button suit jackets. But then, I found these very chic multiple buttoned suit jackets from Zac Posen (left) and Gucci (right). And I had to rethink my theory.
I mean, look how nice Rachel Griffiths and Patricia Wettig looked with their multiple buttoned suit jackets on Brother's and Sisters. After staring at these photos, I think the thing that bugged me most about the usual multiple buttoned suit jackets is the shoulder pads, more sparsely placed buttons and longer length. So if you get it sans shoulder pads and divide it, like Rachel has done here with the belt...
...Or got something shorter and more proportional and fitted like these two here from Laundry by Shelli Segal (left) and Semantiks (right), then it should look just as sexy and chic as the one button suit.
More options from the high street from J Crew (left) and Express (right).

Image Credit: Elle, Express, Nordstrom, J. Crew and Brothers and Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers